Thursday, December 17, 2015

Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge

http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2015/12/essentials-by-ellen-december-pin-sights-challenge.html

Hi Folks! I'm so excited to be asked to participate in the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge this month! When I saw the gorgeous inspiration board below I knew immediately that I wanted to create something with layers of white dies. And a pop of red. Message received loud and clear : )

http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2015/12/essentials-by-ellen-december-pin-sights-challenge.html



Side note: here's Julie and I at CHA in January. Yes, I was beyond thrilled to meet her in person. Yes, she is the sweetest person ever. Yes, I'm in love with all the fun and funky products she creates for Ellen Hutson. Yes, yes, yes!!


Here is the card I made following the inspiration board. Lots of layered white dies, with a pop of red. I felt like I should add something else, but I'm glad I stepped away. That sentiment has such a presence on its own, and stamping it in red (instead of black) is all the attention it needs.

Because I was still feeling the need for "more" I applied this inspiration photo to my December Daily attempt for this year (which will get worked on in January, I just can not fit it in during December).


Here's another of Julie's sentiments from Holly Jolly. Again, its got such a presence that it can totally stand alone, embossed in gold on vellum, for a front piece to the next page.


This page has the layered, white dies, only more densely laid to create a more solid circle to frame the photo. And the pop of red turned into more of a feature of red, but I'm OK with that. It's Santa after all!! 

This year, our visit to see Santa was very different than in prior years. This is the first year I had The Talk with my oldest son. I knew this day would come, but I kept hoping for one more year. With Logan in Middle School this year, I figured there was no escaping, so I pulled him aside and watched another piece of childhood slip away. He claims to have known for two years, but was completely surprised about the Tooth Fairy! I plan on printing out my on-line journaling for that day and slipping it behind the photo, away from prying eyes.
 
The Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store!! To be eligible, you MUST use Essentials by Ellen products and the photo badge as inspiration. Look for the inlinkz on the challenge post where you can submit your project.

http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2015/12/essentials-by-ellen-december-pin-sights-challenge.html
  
I sure hope you're able to participate, or check out all the inspiration in this monthly challenge. I've always fond of monthly challenges, with all the time given for you to put something together, especially around the holidays. More time = less stress.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
-Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Julie is such a wonderful person and designer. So love your card and your December Daily, Kelly! Just gorgeous! Hope to see more of your December Daily in the days or weeks to come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Kelly ... the bold red with those dramatic, spiky white die cuts is fabulous! Lovely photo of your handsome boys with Santa! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Suessical looking, Kelly. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to meet Julie! Great, funky card! BTW- some of your pictures are not showing :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving how you framed the sentiment and then photo with those die cuts! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and I love how you used the same wreath for you sweet photo. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly