Friday, September 19, 2014

CFS: Hanukkah Fri-Dies

http://cas-ualfridaysstamps.blogspot.com/

Hi Folks! We're at the end of a huge release for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps ... on this final day we're revealing the new Hanukkah Fri-Dies! For this card I've combined it with the coordinating 8 Happy Nights stamp set. 



I used thick glitter paper for the star of David and the die cut through very well. The ink background is from watering distress ink on an acrylic block and "smooshing" it (not smashing it, right Bobby?!) on the card base. Then I stamped the Dreidel song lyrics along the side a few times without reinking. The remaining die cuts and clear sequins are added in a cluster.

 I can't wait to send this to my Jewish friend and her family! They will be so surprised to get a Hanukkah card from me, I'm sure.

You're not going to want to miss checking out the other Ink Squad girls:


All stamps and dies from this week will be at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps on Saturday! Thanks for looking, and for stopping in all week! 
 
- Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Kelly, the collage look you created here is so perfect! You rocked this card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the smooshing and the the sparkle you added too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your artistic take on this set, Kelly! I was in awe when I first saw it....still am! PS: that celebr8 one is so rad, so YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific Kelly , love the silver sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome design! I love that splatter. I rarely see such designs from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that ink smooshed pop of color and all the glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How dramatic and graphic, Kelly ... such a great collage! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your comment got me laughing, Kelly. But you do need to learn the technical terms like "smooshing". ;) And your smooshing looks great behind the 8 and alongside the glittered star.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the smooching and sparkle Kelly! I am nor. Jewish, but will buy this to make some cards for a few friends. This is a wonderful set to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Chanukah card, Kelly. Love how you used that die. I am laughing that you have A Jewish friend to send the card to. Add me to the list, and then you can say you have several Jewish friends!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly