Thursday, December 29, 2011

Root Beer and Good Cheer

Last minute teacher gifts were only a quick search away on Pinterest (whew!)


Seeing a post for reindeer pop, I headed out to make my own. For under $3 I grabbed a case of Root Beer (brown bottles make for nice reindeer bodies) and brown pipe cleaners, everything else was already stuffed in my craft closet.


These couldn't be easier and quicker to make! Wrap a pipe cleaner just under the cap, twist together in the back and bend up. Cut a few small pipe cleaner pieces and twist around the main antlers to beef them up. Then glue the googly eyes and nose (pom pom, bead, whatever you have that's red). Next time I would use super glue for this, as I found quite a few eyes and noses that came off during my son's delivery. Ooops. Casualties of a 7-year-old.


For the greeting I punched out a scallop circle and slightly smaller circle, adhered those together, and wrote around the edges. A punched snowflake fit nicely in the middle and gave a spot to write who it's from. According to my well thought-out and elaborate plan Coincidentally, "Root Beer" rhymed with "Good Cheer" so I used that for the sentiment.


My son had the best time delivering his Good Cheer (with a handy carrying case!) throughout the day. The bus driver, librarians, gym teacher, cafeteria monitor all received some Good Cheer. I love teacher gifts that don't add clutter, are handmade, inexpensive, somewhat useful, and cute. These sure fit the bill! Oh, and they only took about 20 minutes to assemble. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly